Are Cats Introverts?
As this week (18 -24 March) is Introverts Week I asked Mum to blog about whether cats are introvert or not.
I'm in two minds about it but Mum thinks cats are indeed very introverted. For example, she says cats are more introverted than dogs. And yes, compared to those woof woofs, we cats are more introverted. Extroverts are loud. And most dogs are too. Cats are quiet and masters of mindfulness. Cats would rather sit and observe. Mum is a lot like a cat in that respect (not the masters of mindfulness part).
As an introvert, Mum believes that's one reason why she gets on with the feline species so well. Mum could have been a cat (though I don't think she'd love the hunting for prey or eating meat part).
As for me, I am mostly introvert but I'm a little more extrovert than Mum. Though Mum can be a little extroverted too when it comes to expressing herself through music and singing.
Below are 5 reasons why cats are introverts. We're sure there are others but time was limited and Mum could only quickly come up with these. If you can add to the list please do so in the comments.
5 Reasons why cats are introverts
1. Cats enjoy their own company and keep themselves to themselves. This is also my introvert Mum without a doubt.
2. Cats only need affection on their terms and will come to you when they want. They will give affection when it feels right. I'd say most introverts are like that too and I know Mum is.
3. If things overwhelm cats they need to find a quick hideaway. Sensory overload is all too real for us and so is the need to recharge. Mum does this a lot. As a highly sensitive person, she gets the sensory overload loads.
4. Cosy duvet days and naps are a must. Self-care is so important and cats know how to do this so well. Introverted humans should take note and if you can, take a nap. You will feel better, I promise.
5. Cats can read your thoughts. I can tell exactly what you're thinking. Can Mum? Yes, she is quite intuitive. Like a cat she silently observes and like a cat, she is quite good at reading body language. Of course, cats don't talk (not verbally) and Mum isn't much of a talker. Maybe that's why she's a writer?
So I want to put this over to you - are my feline friends and followers introverts? Are your humans?
Want to participate in the Caturday Art Blog Hop? Just enter any animal art or animal photo art. You don't have to be an artist, just get creative with your photos - there are so many free online photo editor apps or sites to choose from. Then add your photo and link to our linky below and share on your blogs (linking back to us would be greatly appreciated!)
Here's my art for today. The deep thoughtful gaze of an introvert with her rich inner world. Mum used the MySketch app on her phone.