Mum isn't too crazy about Christmas decorations so luckily we don't have any hazardous ones in the house. Not even a tree. She's no Scrooge, she just doesn't understand what all the fuss is about, and she wants to protect me from any potential dangers. However, she does like the cosiness Christmas decorations can evoke in the home, so she lights a candle bridge and hangs her favourite angel mobile, plus places a few safe objects around the house. But we don't have tinsel or any harmful ones, such as baubles. We also tell people who visit not to bring toxic plants and flowers, especially lilies.
Mum likes to light a scented candle for a bit, but only if she is there to supervise and never ever leaves a candle burning when she goes out the room. She loves Christmas scented candles like those that smell of mulled wine or cinnamon. But she will only light the one - not hundreds like some people do, which also poses a fire risk!
A lot of people may not know this but even burning scented candles can have a toxic effect, not just on your pets, but on you and your human family's health too.
You can read more Christmas safety tips for cats here and here.
Next week we'll be looking at what you should never give your cat to eat at Christmas (or any time of the year for that matter.)
Have a great week, and always be extra cautious where your pets are concerned because things can get out of hand (or paw) during silly season!
|Hosted by The Cats on my Head|