We used to have black Venetian blinds when we first moved in but they were not to Mum's taste but more the previous owners' taste so we always knew we would change them eventually.
Mum decided on Plantation Shutters in white.
Here they are in our bedroom. This is not a very good angle for me but Mum needed to get those bedroom shutters in the shot...
|Thanks for making my bum look big from this angle, Mum!|
These are the old black blinds that were left by previous owners
They looked quite good in the bedroom because it matched Mum's Scandinavian theme of black and white decor. But they were broke blinds so she had to get rid anyway.
These vertical blinds on our patio door weren't too great and were falling apart (nothing to do with me, by the way!). Mum thought they were awful (apart from the nice blue pattern on them)
But they've now gone too and here is the new look French door below.
As you can see, as all wise cats do, when the noisy man left I came downstairs to investigate...
|Those are not paw marks on the carpet - it's where Gran's nest tables were|
|Ghostly Mum in the window looks like she's peeping in from outside|
This pic above of the living room is spooky, don't you think? That's Mum's reflection as she took the photo from indoors looking out. She looks like a ghost in the window. By the way, this is the window that when open, leads into my catio.
This is the front window that faces the street and is part of our living room.
These shutters look great but it's harder for me to look out of the window. Mum says my Birdie TV will always be available to me as I can look through the louvers when she tilts them open for me. She can open one of the panels where I am able to get a larger, more clearer view. She will need to open a panel to let me out into my catio, that's for sure.
Oh, and the patio door panels will be open during the day. So, great, I can spy on those birdies after all!
1. __________________ is tasty.
2. If I was going to a Halloween party, I would go as _____________________.
3. If everything goes according to plan, _________.
4. _________ is the spookiest thing I have ever experienced.
1. Vegan chocolate is tasty.
2. If I was going to a Halloween party, I would go as a cat or maybe a witch.
3. If everything goes according to plan, I am happy and relaxed.
4. The change in atmosphere around my dad's hospital bed the night before he passed is probably the spookiest thing I have ever experienced. I just felt that there was an immense presence around me. I know that my grandmother (his mother) was there in spirit, waiting to help her son over to the other side. It's something I can't describe but it gave me shivers.
1. Chicken is tasty.
2. If I was going to a Halloween party, I would go as my mum? Or my mum dressed as a witch. A witch's cat!
3. If everything goes according to plan, all is well in my world as it is in Mum's.
4. Nothing much spooks a cat so I don't think I've had the spookiest thing I have ever experienced. I see spirits around Mum all the time. I've seen Granddad (I never met him in this life but I see him close to Mum sometimes).
Happy Sunday!! We just love your great fill-in answers from both of you. We like the ideas for your Halloween costumes. Thanks for the wonderful share. Have a great rest of your day and love the selfies.
World of Animals
Those shutters look lovely.
I love your shutters. I need those and a net curtain for the one window I can see the neighbours through!!
I al so glad you still get to peep outside a lot.
Your home is lovely! I love the changes your mum has made.
Great selfies and I like the shutters. I am not a fan of blinds so this is a better choice. Thank you both for these great fill-in answers. I am sure your Grandmother was there to help your Father cross. XO
I LOVE your interior decorating! And great selfies as always :)
We love what your Mum chose to do in your house, Athena. The plantation shutters are great (though we are sorry they make it harder for you to look outside). Your selfie is beautiful! XO
I definitely think the shutters and French door are a big improvement, Athena! Although my human does like the idea of black blinds. Mainly because black is one of her favorite colors.
We love those Shutter ,they are perfect,xx Speedy
Wow, those shutters are very nice and work well. You and you're staff are becoming southern belles. Maybe when we get some warm weather back  you can serve catmint juleps on the veranda AKA the catio ?
That sure looks nice and you are such a cutie sweet Athena!
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your new window treatments!!!! I was so happy when I got rid of my blinds (they were vertical) in our living room, I hope to replace our patio door blinds one of these days. Love what you did!
Well, that's all very nice, Athena!
As long as you get to peruse the birdies, then it's a-ok!
Your home is gorgeous, and I'm honestly quite glad you mentioned these plantation shutters. I have blinds at my house, and they were fine until little calico Tonks joined the family. She's a blinds destroyer, but she's also a curtain destroyer, so I was trying to think of an alternative. I think these shutters would be the perfect solution, and they're so aesthetically pleasing. And your fill-ins are purrfect! I think it would so cute if you two dressed as a witch and her adorable kitty for Halloween!
You have a lovely home, sweet Athena and the shutters are very nice too and we could see your adorable face too, while the shutters were in...MOL😺Pawkisses for a Happy Day🐾😽💞
Post a Comment